Unfiled Tax Returns
For various reasons, some taxpayers don't file their tax returns. Failure to file a single year probably isn't a problem. Contact an accountant.
Failure to file a return for a number of years could be serious. Willful failure to file tax returns is a felony:
- Punishable by up to 5 years in federal prison and a $100,000 fine
- The government looks for 3 year non-filers (among other factors)
Even if your case does not have criminal implications, there are other issues:
- How many returns do you file?
- What if you don't have any records to prepare your returns?
- Should you file jointly?
- Can't find your W-2's or 1099's?
We know the answers and we have solutions!
Once the returns are prepared:
- Will you be facing a huge tax debt plus penalties and interest?
- Can you pay it?
- Should you submit an offer in compromise?
- Can you make payments?
- Does bankruptcy help?
- Are there timing issues with any of these plans?
We know the answers and we can help solve your tax problems!
Contact us now to get your life back.